Sunday, January 1, 2012

My Thoughts: Believe


Wow I can’t believe that this journey began two years ago. I owe this adventure to my students who have inspired me. Each day I enter my building to achieve the impossible and to be the variable that matters. We as educators are reminded daily of the lack of resources, materials and the public’s perception of education.  Yet I get to spend my days with the most amazing students that need ME not excuses.
So with or without funding, applause, or legislative support, I will rise to the occasion and educate my students. I know that the difference between success and failure for our students is often an effective teacher. I am a testament that teachers that believe in their students make all the difference. Mrs. Martin and Mrs. DeVane were my believers they came early and stayed late excuses were not accepted and the expectations were never compromised.  
 According to Peter Drucker human capital is the most valuable asset of any company.  That being said it is obvious that teachers are the most valuable asset in the school. The shift needed in education to recognize this will have to be made by us while we serve on the front line.

No comments:

Post a Comment